At JDate, your safety and security is our concern! We want you to feel completely confident during your Jewish dating journey, so please see our online safety tips page to make sure you’re armed with the best advice. Here are our top tips:
- Avoid sending any personal information to members, including passwords, personal email addresses or your physical address.
- Never send money, regardless of how nicely someone asks. If someone does ask you for money, please contact our Customer Service team immediately at 1-877-453-3861.
- The same goes for any suspicious activity or scams. Don’t hesitate to report odd behavior to our Customer Service team at 1-877-453-3861.
- Make sure you’re aware of long distance charges before you communicate by phone.
- Trust your instincts! If you haven’t met your match in person after a month of online communication, he/she may be a “fake” and it’s time to redirect your attention.
- Your first offline date should be in a public place. Arrange your own transportation and let your friends and/or family know your plans.